Ceramic bearings are much better but also more expensive than steel bearings. Ceramic bearings carry the following outstanding advantages:
- Ability to work under high temperatures during operation and use
- Very low friction, the lowest among materials from which bearings are made
- The durability and hardness of the ball is higher than other materials (2-7 times higher) and the deformation is only 1/3 of that of the steel ball. Should be used for a long time (more than 3-7 times)
- The balls are very round, so the friction reduction is good
- Low weight
- The big advantage is that the balls are not corroded, except for very strong specific oxidants such as HF, H2SO4.
In addition, ceramic bearings are non-magnetic, do not peel off when operating, cleaning and preserving conventionaly.